- Title: swatinput: Modis Land Cover 500m 2008
The MODIS Land Cover Type product contains multiple classification schemes, which describe land cover properties derived from observations spanning a year’s input of Terra and Aqua data. The primary land cover scheme identifies 17 land cover classes defined by the International Geosphere Biosphere Programme (IGBP), which includes 11 natural vegetation classes, 3 developed and mosiacked land classes, and three non-vegetated land classes.
The MODIS Terra + Aqua Land Cover Type Yearly L3 Global 500 m SIN Grid product incorporates five different land cover classification schemes, derived through a supervised decision-tree classification method:
Land Cover Type 1: IGBP global vegetation classification scheme
Land Cover Type 2: University of Maryland (UMD) scheme
Land Cover Type 3: MODIS-derived LAI/fPAR scheme
Land Cover Type 4: MODIS-derived Net Primary Production (NPP) scheme
Land Cover Type 5: Plant Functional Type (PFT) scheme
- Publication Date: March 27, 2015, 4:18 a.m.
- Type: Raster Data
- Keywords: envirogrids, swat input, land use,
- Category: imageryBaseMapsEarthCover
- Owner: geonodeadm
- Point of Contact: geonodeadm
- Restrictions: REQUIRED: Restrictions and legal prerequisites for accessing the data set.
- Language: English
No information provided